Taking a little care of your watch can take it a long way. Here are few tips that will help you in taking care of your watch.
CARE TIPS FOR JEWELRY WATCHES
Jewelry watches are made with soft, supple chains. These chains are delicate and cannot be turned or twisted; else they will crack.
Store your jewelry watch in a clean and dry place.
Don't jumble your jewelry watch in a drawer or jewelry case as pieces are delicate and can scratch each other resulting in irreplaceable damage.
Be careful while removing your jewelry watch to wash your hands
Cosmetics, hairspray, perfumes and lotions can contain chemicals that often damage watches. Hence, put on your jewelry watch after applying these materials to limit exposure and prevent potential damage
Don't wear your jewelry watch in swimming pools and spas; chlorinated water can react with metals found in jewelry watches causing color changes and even structural damage
CARE TIPS FOR CERAMIC WATCHES
- Ceramic watches are made from an extremely high quality material that is revered for its inherent characteristics of high shine, feel, smoothness, light-weight, durability and scratch resistance. This makes it all the more important that utmost care is taken as the material is delicate and likely to chip off or break when handled roughly or dropped
- Over time, the shine may become dull due to handling. To restore a ceramic watch to its original luster, clean with warm soapy water and dry with a soft cloth. Buff the ceramic to its original shine with a soft dry cloth
- The composition of ceramic watches is such that it does not react with alkali or acid and causes no discomfort to the skin, even if the watch wearer is perspiring. They also possess nonmetallic materials that cause no irritation or skin rashes when the timepiece is worn
- Ceramic watches require regular cleaning to keep the watch's surface blemish free. A soft cloth and a nonabrasive cleaner is all you need to make your ceramic watch look brand new
CARE TIPS FOR RUBBER & LEATHER STRAP CLEANING
RUBBER WATCH STRAPS
- Simply wipe them down with a damp, soft cloth; avoid soaps and solvents as they may dry or crack the plastic
LEATHER WATCH STRAPS
- Leather is characterized by its smooth, somewhat shiny appearance. To clean the leather, follow the same procedure as with the rubber watchband i.e. simply wipe it with a clean, damp cloth, using water only. You may also want to use a leather conditioner or a small amount of hand lotion to keep the leather supple over time
- Leather may develop a ‘milky haze’ if left alone for extended periods; this can only be wiped away with a soft, dry cloth.